A rosette tier refers to a circle of woven-edge, single-faced, satin ribbon that has been pleated or ruffled and then anchored with stitching along its inner edge and attached to a supporting circular backing material.
A pleat is a fold in a piece of fabric. Pleating is a technique whereby fabric is skilfully and systematically folded by doubling the fabric over on itself and then stitching it into place. For more information on the different styles of pleats, visit the Ros-i-pedia page.
Our rosettes come in a variety of sizes and are measured according to their diameter.
Single tier round Elizabethan pleat rosettes come in three sizes: 6 cm, 8 cm and 10 cm in diameter.
Single tier round Japanese pleat rosettes are between 13 cm and 14 cm in diameter.
The single tier Japanese pleat rosette can have the same diameter as a two or three tier Elizabethan pleat rosette because the width of the ribbon that is used is greater.
Multi-tier round Elizabethan pleat rosettes are sized as follows:
- Two tier Elizabethan pleat rosette: 12 cm diameter
- Three tier Elizabethan pleat rosette: 14 cm diameter
- Four tier Elizabethan pleat rosette: 16 cm diameter
- Five tier Elizabethan pleat rosette: 18 cm diameter
The centre disc displays the information about the competition, award, event or occasion you are celebrating.
Shamrock Rosettes offer three different types of centre disc:
- Waterproof label badges with digitally-printed text and/or image on a die-cut ticket board backing.
- Traditional-style silver or gold hot stamp foil printing on die-cut ticket board backing.
- Metal badges: a plastic-coated digital paper print applied to a metal disc.
Yes. Both digitally and foil printed label rosette centres and badges are available in the following sizes:
50 mm diameter metal badges
65 mm diameter metal badges
Metal badges are available in the following sizes:
38 mm diameter metal badges
59 mm diameter metal badges
Text can be arched around the perimeter of the label.
Keeping text to the bare essentials ensures greater legibility.
It’s the text in the middle of the rosette centre or badge. When ordering, bear in mind that ‘less is more’.
This is the centrepiece image on your rosette. This could portray the logo of your club or show or a graphic you supply or one you would like us to source for you.
When ordering online, the Rosette & Badge Builder on the website will let you:
- enter a short description of the graphic you require which we will then aim to match that description as closely as possible or
- upload an graphic or picture of your choice; a high quality image is preferable as the quality of the print we ultimately produce can only be as good as the quality of image supplied by you.
Yes. We can produce an advance ‘mock-up’ so that you have an idea of how many characters will fit and how your badge will look before committing to print. Please request this in the “Special Instructions Box” when making your online order.
There is no artwork and design charge on label or metal badges with digitally-printed text and/or imagery that can be produced on our template maker.
Charges only apply to the following:
- Artwork and design required that cannot be produced on our template maker.
- Artwork and design for a customised hot stamp foil printing finish. Hot stamp foil printing is a process whereby silver or gold text or images are foil printed using a customised plate applied to a coloured disc. To get a customised plate manufactured with your logo or using a non-stock image, there is a once-off extra charge of €60. Subsequent orders using only this plate will not incur a further charge. Note: You will have to contact us directly to request this option.
Tails can be any length and also come in a variety of widths. Normally, the larger the rosette the wider the tail and the greater the number of tiers the more tails can be used. Ideally tail length and width should be proportionate to the size and number of tiers. The length also depends on whether the rosette is for an animal or a person! For the former, the tails are generally much longer. So, if its not clear from the logo or show name you supply when building your rosette, please let us know.
We recommend the following number, lengths and widths of tails:
One-tier 6 cm diameter rosette : two tails at 5 cm long and 25 mm wide
One-tier 8 cm diameter rosette : two tails at 10 cm long and 25 mm wide
One-tier 10 cm diameter rosette : two tails at 20 cm long and 25 mm wide
Two-tier rosette : two tails at 30 cm long and 38 mm wide
Three-tier rosette : three tails at 40 cm long and 38 mm wide
Four-tier rosette : three tails at 40 cm long and 38 mm wide
Five-tier rosette : three tails at 40 cm long and 38 mm wide
Three tier stars and squares rosette: five tails at 4o cm long and 38 mm wide
Four tier stars and squares rosette: five tails at 4o cm long and 38 mm wide
Five tier stars and squares rosette: five tails at 4o cm long and 38 mm wide
We can put a lot of writing on tails! However, in our experience the more text you put on, the more difficult it can be to read.
We recommend the following:
One tier rosette : maximum of 20 characters including spaces.
Two tier rosette : maximum of 30 characters including spaces.
Three/four/five tier rosettes : maximum of 40 characters including spaces.
The good news is that it costs less to buy online than to buy direct.
Based on the total price of your order, we offer a range of online discounts as follows:
– orders up to €100 a 7.5% discount applies
– orders between €100 and €200 a 15% discount applies
– orders between €200 and €300 a 20% discount applies
for online above €300 a 30% discount applies
Track and trace courier charges are applied separately and are not treated as part of the order e.g. if your product order is €90 and delivery charge is €20, the web discount is calculated on the €90 only i.e. 7.5%
All orders and delivery/postal charges are subject to the Republic of Ireland’s current VAT rate of 23% unless you are registered for VAT within the European Union. If you are registered for VAT within the European Union, you must supply us with a valid VAT number at our online checkout.
Our online shop does this for you automatically.
Our online shop accepts payments through PayPal. PayPal will also let you pay by credit card even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
All orders are subject to the Republic of Ireland’s current VAT rate of 23% (sorry!) unless you are registered for VAT within the European Union. If you are registered for VAT within the European Union, you must supply us with a valid VAT number at our online checkout.
Once your order is confirmed, it really depends on where your order is going to. For anywhere in:
Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales: 10 working days
Europe: 12 working days
Asia: 15 working days
Rest of the World: 20 working days
Of course, if you need it sooner, please do not hesitate to contact us at Customer Care by Telephone +353-(0)1-867 1707 or +353-(0)1-867 2774 or
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com.
Depending on the quantity, products and country of delivery or alternatively if you choose to collect, we might be able to get it to you sooner.
We use a third party courier company that operates track-and-trace service on all orders. This method ensures that we meet customer deadlines and goods reach our customers in excellent condition. The cost depends on the country of destination. The standard courier charges by country are as follows:
Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland: €15.00
England, Scotland and Wales: €20.00
Europe (Mainland): €45.00
Rest of the world: €75.00
You will be delighted to hear that we also apply a discount on courier charges, ranging from 7.5% to 30%. These discounts are aligned to the total value discounts we apply to goods purchased on site.
Absolutely. We love to export our products!
Yes and Yes again! For example, we only use a premium stain finish ribbon. This ribbon comes in a range of vibrant, rich colours and is virtually crease resistant so it travels and stores really well.
We work closely with all our suppliers to get the best materials at the keenest prices to deliver affordable, quality products to our customers.
Here are the main ones:
- Higher discounts.
- The same rate of discount applies to all your purchases depending on the total value of items purchased. If you buy direct, discounts are calculated on the quantity of items purchased by product type.
- No set-up fee for printed tails.
- You can order any time of the day, 365 days of the year… 366 in leap years!